B.A. - Waterloo University
B. Ed. - York University
Miss J. Bahk: "I thank the Lord every day for the wonderful school where I can inspire young children to be the best as they can be in all aspects for the Glory of the Lord. I thank the Lord for a work place where I am encouraged and inspired by my colleagues. I thank the Lord for the school where the older students show Christ’s love by serving the younger students. For these reasons and lots more, it is important that I teach at PCA! "
HBA - University of Toronto
M. Teaching - Griffith University (Australia)
Mrs. D. Sun: "I am very grateful for the opportunity to teach at PCA. My schooling started at a Christian school and I value the lessons I learned and friendships I made there. It is important to me to value each student as a child of God while instilling the future generations with strong Christian morals."
B.A., B. Ed. - Tyndale University College & Seminary
Mrs. C. D'Eall: "Teaching at PCA feels like more than just a job. It is a calling God has placed on my life. It enables me to work with students in a Christian setting so that, not only am I teaching them the curriculum, I am teaching them about God’s love. I'm helping them on their paths to discover who they want to be as followers of Christ Jesus."
BFA (honours) - York University
B.Ed. - Queen’s University
Mrs. C. Droppo: ““As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace." (1 Peter 4:10)
I thank the Lord for blessing me with the opportunity to teach at PCA where I am able to glorify Him everyday.
It is my privilege to educate the next generation alongside an amazing faculty who live to inspire each child to serve our Lord, and achieve God's purpose for their lives.”
Junior School Vice Principal
B.A., B.Ed. - York University
Miss J. Guy: "I love my job! I have been teaching at PCA for over 20 years and now am the Vice Principal of the Junior Division. When I was in Grade 5, I was a student at PCA and I prayed to ask Jesus into my heart following a Chapel service. I will never forget the teacher who knelt beside me as I prayed to receive Christ as my Saviour. It was a moment I cherish. She later became a missionary in France and we still keep in touch. Today, it is a privilege for me to pray with students, parents and colleagues, and is one of the many reasons why PCA is a wonderful school and why I love my job."
B.A - University of Toronto
Mrs. P. Hui: "Teaching is like lighting up candles. Children have so much potential, and our job as educators is to inspire them to shine brightly. The Christian-based learning environment that PCA provides allows me to light up children’s candles, and to plant the seeds in children’s lives through daily interactions with them. It is a blessing to watch them grow under the umbrella of God’s love here at PCA."
B.Sc. (Honours) - University of Toronto
B.Ed. - York University
Mrs. T. Kalemkerian: "My motivation for teaching is that each child is unique, not only capable of learning, but also capable of succeeding. “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.” (Romans 12:6) I strive to provide the right balance of structure, support, and freedom to encourage and inspire each child in the pursuit of their full potential and development (spiritually, academically, and socially). May each seed planted be used for His glory!"
French (JK-Gr. 5)
B.F.A., B.Ed. - York University
Miss H. Lee: "The staff that I work with daily at PCA are not only effective teachers, but are also genuine people with strong values. It is my joy and privilege to be part of a staff team that is dedicated to helping students see their own incredible worth, training them in the ways of righteousness, and equipping them to be godly citizens who can impart value to those in their scope of influence."
B.A. - University of Toronto
B.Ed. - York University
Ms. J. Lee: "I am grateful to be a part of the PCA family.
It is a privilege to work alongside people who are deeply committed to sharing the love of Christ in our world.
I love that I can share with my students how God has moved and placed Himself in every single thing that we are learning in class. It is such an honour to see God's daily handiwork in the lives of my students and their families. Truly, God is good!"
B.A. - University of Toronto
B.Ed. - Tyndale University
Diploma in Early Childhood Education - Seneca College
Mrs. J. Lee: "Working at PCA is very important to me because I get to work with the amazing teachers who are willing to support each other in God’s name. Also, I am grateful to have the opportunity of working with both Junior school and BASP students so that we can learn and grow together as a Christian community. Seeing those smiles of our students tells me how God is using our school to glorify Him. I am so blessed to have PCA in my life!"
B.A.- York University
B.Ed. - York University
Mrs. K. LeGrow: "Working with children is my passion. I love watching my students grow and develop, both academically and spiritually. I am thankful that PCA provides a warm, nurturing community where God is at the centre of all that we do. It is truly a blessing to be part of our school's mission to prepare each child to reach the world for Christ."
B.A. (Honours) - York University
B.Ed. - University of Toronto
Miss L. Montgomery: "There is a beautiful verse in Psalm 145 that says: “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.” As a teacher at PCA, I have the honour of telling the next generation about our amazing God every day at school. I love that I am able to share Christ’s love with the children and direct their hearts toward Him. I believe my role is to prepare and equip students to be leaders in the community who passionately serve God and follow His path of wisdom for life."
BASc.EC (Honours) - University of Guelph
ECE - Guelph- Humber
B. Ed – York University
Miss A. Mootoo: "I love working at PCA. I’ve always had a passion for teaching children. At PCA I get the privilege to teach students as they grow academically and discover who they are in Christ. It is a blessing to work alongside an amazing team of committed individuals that are deeply rooted in the Christian faith. May God continue to bless PCA!"
Lead Teacher, Junior School
B. Applied Arts ECE - Ryerson University
B.Ed. - University of Toronto
Mrs. S. Shin: "Teaching at PCA now for over a decade has been one of my greatest joys and privileges. My own three children have called this school "home" and have benefited from the excellent love, care and discipleship of staff. I have many passions in life which include cooking, time with family and friends, traveling to places without the light of Christ and of course teaching.
Along with my husband, John, we view life on Earth a drill, as we prepare for a day when our Lord will come in all His glory."
Mr. B. Shum: "I am very pleased to be the new homeroom teacher for Class 4A. A verse I hope to apply this year comes from Proverbs 22:6, 'Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.' Prior to joining Peoples, I had worked at Greenwood and Upper Canada College--both private schools in the Toronto area. I also practiced very briefly as a U.S. corporate tax lawyer before beginning my career as an educator."
Ms. K. Simmonds: "I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to teach at PCA and be part of such a strong and supportive community. Children are the future and I believe wholeheartedly that we must instill in them a sense of purpose, love and hope. The most important element of teaching children is providing a safe environment for them to grow and learn, an environment in which they feel free to develop and contribute to their own learning. PCA provides a learning environment intended to foster the development and growth of the whole person (body, spirit, and mind), equipping future generations to reach the whole world for Christ. I am privileged to be part of this amazing mission."
Music (JK - Gr. 5)
B.Music - University of Philippines
M.Music - Florida State University
B.Ed., M.Ed., Ed.D. - University of Toronto
Dr. B. Siu: "Being a music teacher for the JK to Grade 5 students, I have opportunities to instill in students the love of music through learning about the elements of music, singing, playing the recorder, concert performances, and encouraging students who can play other instruments to serve the Lord with their music talents. Singing in chapel is a highlight for the students and it is a blessing to teach the students songs that glorify our Lord."
B.CSE - Heritage College
B.Ed - Tyndale University
Mrs. W. Strickland: "I am so thankful to be teaching at PCA! It is wonderful to be teaching at a school where I am given the honour of sharing my love for God in all that I do. I love that I can show children on a daily basis what Jesus did in my life and how Jesus can change their lives too! I was a student at PCA and so was my husband. We also have our children enrolled in the school. It is important for our children to be in a place where we know teachers love them and love Jesus."
- "…Peoples Christian school experience played a significant role in shaping who I am today. I saw role models in teachers of people who weren’t necessarily perfect but who were honestly trying to live out their lives as Christ followers. I think it also surrounded me with quality friends -- many who would be near and distant friends for a lifetime... One of the greatest life skills I learnt was ‘how to study’. May sound like a funny thing to say but there are a lot of students who don’t know how to study -- my experience at PCA really reinforced how to study and the benefits were great…throughout my whole academic career (and I studied for 12 years after high school to complete all the training I needed to be an obstetrician/gynecologist), those good study habits got me through what seemed like impossible mountains of exams and assignments." Dr. Jean Chamberlain Froese, Class of '84 and member of the Order of CanadaDr. Jean Chamberlain Froese, Member of the Order of Canada
- Words will never be able to express how much Middle School has changed my life. I know the teachers would do anything for us. My personality was influenced by my class and by the teachers. Thanks for being our teachers and friends!Middle School Graduate
- PCA nurtured so many spiritual leaders who are now serving in churches (including our church) and other places of the world. Our kids also got strong and solid Christian education here.Priscilla and Jonathan (PCA Parents)
- I am a PCA lifer (I went to this school from K-12)! Not only has this school taught me about following Jesus, it has also given me several opportunities to practically live out following Jesus. I had opportunities to serve my local community and also go abroad on short-term mission trips to Senegal, Africa, Chiang Mai, Thailand, and Tijuana, Mexico. These experiences let me see what missionaries do on the field and inspired me to follow suit. One of my favourite things about PCA, however, is the teachers who invested in me, mentored me, and walked with me. I would not be who I am without them, so to those teachers who have also become my friends, thank you for seeing potential in me, being patient with me, and never being short of encouragement for me.Dorothy Yeung
- Thank you very much for maintaining a close connection with me and my friends. We enjoy the friendly conversations in the hallways. I am so grateful for the teachers' presence in my life, for their kindness and friendship.Middle School Graduate